For the 2017 season, you will need to enroll your child onto the team through a web-based system.
Create an account at:
May Madness 2017
May Madness 2017 rules and description
Includes a:Image of the Game Board
This is an image of the 2016 Game board with mission modelsField Setup Guide
This is a PDF of the 2016 Field SetupChallenges Guide
This is a PDF of the 2016 Animal Allies Challenges GuideMissions at a Glance
This is a PDF of the 2016 Animal Allies Missions
This is an exercise in programming the joystick used in the May Madness competition.Line Following Exercise
This is an exercise in Line Following with many examples of robotC code.Function Overloading Exercise
This is an exercise in Function Overloading and Multi Threaded programming with many examples of robotC code.To be held at the Sarah Heinz House on the Northside.
Our season will focus on robots that talk -- about trash. We will have talking robots.
Text to Speech
- How do computers/robots talk?
- What is Speech Synthesis?
- How does the EV3 robot talk?
- What is an Audio File?
- What is the format of an EV3 audio file?
- How big are EV3 audio files?
- How mush storage space is on an EV3?
- How many words can an EV3 speak?
- How do we get that many words?
- Like miners who dig in the earth, data mining involves the extraction of data from various sources
- Free/Open Data Sources (Google's Guttenberg Project)
- Who wrote the most words? Who wrote a lot of words?
- http://www.gutenberg.org/files/20657/20657-h/20657-h.htm (works of Shakespeare)
- RoboCatz website as a source for technical words and terminology regarding robotics and engineering
- Extracting words: http://jsfiddle.net/2ojb7aop/82/
- Microsoft tools to create files
- Audio processing software
FLL Theme for this year: Trash